Decking Solutions from Outer Banks Master Builders
During the new home construction process, Outer Banks Master Builders explains everything down to the material used for your deck. There are several alternative types of decking that can withstand the sizzling summer heat, leaving you with the confidence that your home is durable inside and out.
The Benefits of Alternative Decking Materials
- Low maintenance compared to wood
- Huge color and texture selections
- Protected from harmful UV rays to reduce fading
- Maintains a cleaner appearance than wood
- Prevents moisture and rotting
- Splinter free
There are several types of alternative decking options that Outer Banks Master Builders suggests.
- Plastic lumber is a newer option for building decks and protecting the environment. During the construction process, it is used to build in the same manner as wood. Plastic lumber is made from numerous recycled plastics. Your Outer Banks home builders know plastic lumber to be very durable and without any bothersome maintenance or splintering.
- Vinyl decking is often built using screws and a hidden fastener configuration, creating a nice, clean look. It does not absorb moisture, so it will not crack, peel, or decay, providing for a very long life and a consistently beautiful appearance. Outer Banks home builders use this alternative decking because it is also very low maintenance for their clients and extremely resilient in harsh weather.
- Acrylic applications protect your newly constructed deck from moisture and sun damage. This can ease the price associated with the common weathering of wooden or concrete decks. They also help you bring exciting colors to your deck and pool area. Outer Banks Master Builders is aware of the importance of keeping your deck cool and protected from sun damage and can assist you with all of your decking needs.